Occupation Code §2104.101 Subchapter C. - FESTIVAL PERMIT APPLICATION
(a) A promoter shall, before the 60th day before the date the promoter holds an outdoor music festival,
file a permit application with the county clerk of the county in which the festival is to be held.
(b) The application must include:
(1) the name and address of:
(A) the promoter; and
(B) each of the promoter's associates or employees assisting in the promotion
of the festival;
(2) a financial statement of the promoter and a statement specifying the sources and
amounts of capital being supplied for the festival;
(3) a description of the festival location;
(4) the name and address of the owner of the festival location;
(5) a statement describing the terms and conditions of the agreement allowing the
promoter to use the festival location;
(6) the dates and times of the festival;
(7) the maximum number of persons the promoter will allow to attend the festival;
(8) a statement describing the promoter's plan to control the number of persons
attending the festival;
(9) a description of the agreement between the promoter and each performer who
is scheduled to appear at the festival; and
(10) a complete statement describing the promoter's festival preparations to comply with
the minimum standards of sanitation and health prescribed by Chapter 341, Health and
(c) The promoter shall submit a $5 filing fee with the permit application.
(d) The permit application must be verified by the promoter and be based on the promoter's best
information and belief.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
· The Promoter must complete the festival permit application completely.
· The Promoter must sign the Application in the presence of a clerk at the County Clerk’s Office and must present a valid ID
· There is a $5.00 fee to file the festival permit application in the County Clerk’s Office (standard payment methods apply)
Click for form: Application for Festival Permit